Connect With Us @FernBridgeFarmInstagram
Join Our Flock (newsletter)
From the Barn
- 6 Ewes pregnant out of 9 that were bred
- Willow, Edelweiss, Jeni, Pearl, Peri & Tara
- We’re expecting 8-12 lambs in about 2-2.5 months
Preparing for Lambing
- We have two shearing dates, March and May as we have some sheep whose fleeces haven’t grown quite long enough for the early date, and a couple of ewes who are due to lamb sooner than the rest
- We vaccinate with CD/T, a clostridium perfringens types C & D and Tetanus vaccine, about 2-4 weeks before the ewes are due so that they will pass some of their immunity along to the lambs through the colostrum, the first nutrient packed milk that the lambs receive from the ewe.
FOs (Finished Objects)
- Bob - The Methodical Cowl - pattern by Bob and Kelly using Juniper Moon Farm Moonshine Chunky
- Bob - The Methodical Hat - pattern by Bob and Kelly using Juniper Moon Farm Moonshine Chunky
- Bob - Common Cap by Kate Salomon using Juniper Moon Farm Santa Cruz
- Kelly - Asti Spumante by Thea Coleman using Hands & Heart Farm Yarn
WIPs (Works In Progress)
- Bob - Gathering Hat by Kate Salomon using Juniper Moon Farm Moonshine Chunky
- Kelly - Soorik by Gudrun Johnston
- Kelly - Huntington Carryall by Two of Wands
- Kelly - Spinning Juniper & Jenson’s wool into yarn for the Gibbie Shawl
On the Horizon
From the Shop
- Methodical Cowl and Hat Pattern release coming by 2/18!
- Kelly’s working on some new batts for spinning, stay tuned!
Other Things We Talk About
- Classes - Click here for the classes Kelly is teaching
- Finishing - Interested in having Kelly finish your knitting projects? Get in touch with us for pricing and information!